i am sick and tired of 40cal servers lagging!

important 40cal information!

sammy
Site Admin

i am sick and tired of 40cal servers lagging!

Post by sammy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:59 pm

I cannot take it anymore!
I am sick and tired of server lag spiking map-change-lag and poor fps.
therefore:
I decided to purchase a new hosting company to better serve our needs. at the moment, the one server I purchased is Warcraft3. if successful , I will move all 40cal servers to this new company.
our current 40cal servers are running on a dedibox with Windows maxing at 500fps.
the new Warcraft3 server is on a dedibox with Linux and ultra accelerator maxing at 1000fps
this server is up and running and played by me personally. I can vouch a dramatic improvement.
the problem with sammy is I have always been more interested in server quantity rather than server quality. that is now over. I want server quality! can I get an AMEN?
imagine a server that is completely lag free. this is what 40cal now aims to accomplish. however, I need your help testing stability of the server. so here is the ip - COMING SOON
it is in Los Angeles California. I want to know everything you have to say about this new server.
please post what you think. it is very important to let me know how your server connection and FPS is.

all 40cal members currently have admin and those who are VIP's still have it. only 1 small thing.
ALL XP HAS BEEN WIPED OUT CLEAN. boohoo cry me a river!
you better get used to it coz the old 40cal Warcraft3 is going down soon!
my suggestion is to start playing the new Warcraft3 server and build your character with no lag. you will be happy you did.
please post what your thoughts are on the new server. I need your input or I cannot better things!
here is the ip: COMING SOON

Disclosure:
all current VIP's will have their level 25 back. for those who do not have VIP can get it here!
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=15203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glazed

Re: i am sick and tired of 40cal servers lagging!

Post by Glazed » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:08 am

This is awesome news can't wait to do some testing =D added 162.217.248.115:27015!

edit: Soo smooth already 1 but I got tons of work to do before play >.<

Got to level 5 Undead =D
GlazeD

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:00 pm

I think it's a great way too go! Played for a few maps (but now I must sleep) and I loved the new server. As long as things continue to run smoothly, I think it would be a good idea to start moving the more popular ones over like Deathmatch, Gungame, Diablo.... whenever you can of course.

My only issue so far is a couple things we had on old server that we do not have on new one as of yet. One being not being able to run through teammates. Another would be (can't remember the name of it for the life of me) but the thing that you can turn on in spec mode that produces the lines for players still alive.

As far as the xp thing goes, lol I love it personally. when I get bored I wipe the xp from my max lvl guys anyways just to make it fun.

Last, I want to thank you for all the work and time you put into making our servers a fun place to play! If I wasn;t in the middle of renovations and getting ready to sell my house and all that fun crap, I would try to help you out a bit.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:48 pm

team_semi_clip and admin_spectate will be enabled shortly. we are aware of this!

`MuiR

Post by `MuiR » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:54 pm

New server is fantastic Sammy. Many of us have been saying this for years.. Well done. Glad you finally made this call. You will see a massive influx of players like this for sure!

`MuiR

noName.

Post by noName. » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:33 pm

I havent had no problems yet with lag. It is actually better i would usually lag once in a while in the other server, but the new server is pretty smooth

-noName

F@N1

Post by F@N1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:24 pm

sammy wrote: the problem with sammy is I have always been more interested in server quantity rather than server quality. that is now over. I want server quality! can I get an AMEN?
Amen! :D
OMG U HACKER MAGNET -Sparky
"aw you cheater...you super cheat" -hiei

Boshi

Post by Boshi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 am

F@N1 wrote:
sammy wrote: the problem with sammy is I have always been more interested in server quantity rather than server quality. that is now over. I want server quality! can I get an AMEN?
Amen! :D
Amen!x2 :DDDDDD

Sc(+)ped

Post by Sc(+)ped » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Where did the new server run off to?

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Sc(+)ped wrote:Where did the new server run off to?
that was a test ip. I have new ips for all 40cal servers and will post when they are ready. in the meantime just play the old war3ft.

Return to “Announcements”