30 day notice

important 40cal information!

-Eclipse-

Re: 30 day notice

Post by -Eclipse- » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank you Sammy for everything you have done and for creating the opportunity for all of us to meet. Best of luck for the future, it was truly a pleasant time playing ever since joining the .40 cal family.

ishchhabra123

Post by ishchhabra123 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Hey There,
I'm very sad for your servers being closed.
The warcraft 3 mod your server uses is a unique and I never found the same anywhere else.

Since it's your decision now that your servers are closing, @Sammy please could you provide me your mods so that I could use them to make a server and allow the people to continue enjoying...

Please Sammy.
Regards Old Skool CS [http://www.oldskoolgaming.in]

Dust

Post by Dust » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:22 pm

This makes me sad to hear, but i understand. Although i have only been a part of this community for a year, i definitely enjoyed my time here. Long live .40cal! I wish you all the best!

Dust

Dante

Post by Dante » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Best wishes Sammy. I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision. I will miss my time here good and bad. I met some cool people and played with even better people. Stay in touch 40cal.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:16 pm

I have this to say:

Some of you probably don't know me, some of you may have an idea of who I am, but that is neither here nor there.

I've been here for a very long time; since I was 17 years old. You know how old I am now? I'm 31. On and off, here and there, back and forth... but 40cal was the one constant thing that always had an open door.

We've had a lot of memories 40cal and I. Some good, some bad, some sad, and some happy. A lot of faces have come, some left willingly, others forced, a few sadly left us too early... but again that is neither here nor there.

Sammy, my friend, what you've had here is nothing short of amazing. Something that an entire generation of people could experience. I am sad to have to let go, but I'm happy that this place was and will always be the one community I just couldn't willingly let go of.

To all of you, whether you know me or not, whether you noticed or not... I saw you all grow up, and I watched and sat and smiled at your accomplishments. I may not have said anything, but I am proud of all of you.

And Sammy, it may be coming to an end... but the memories I have of this place, they're ever lasting.

God fucking speed to you brother.

SS Sparky

Post by SS Sparky » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:49 am

I will never forget the life-long friends I've made here on this server. Through ups and down, I've felt very close to all the members and the endless hospitality that you guys have given me and everyone else. No where else would I ever be able to find that respect anymore. It's nice to see that while we all have lives to attend to, everyone is back here for what seems may be the final good-bye, but we always will have the Facebook group :D The server may die, but our name lives...Thanks sammy for allowing me and everyone to be in the best clan ever :D Hopefully we will all stay in touch.

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:58 pm

I know I havent been on much lately, but this still saddens me a little bit. I will miss playing with most of the people here, some not so much. I hope at least some of us can stay in touch. Sammy, I thank you for all of this in the first place as well as everybody who put their time and effort into making the clan what it was. I understand the decision could not have been easy but I would never blame you for making it. We all have to make calls like that every now and then.

Just out of curiosity, will the forums be kept up for a little bit after or will it all go at the same time? Only ask because it would give members a chance to group up and maybe find somewhere else to play.

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ

Post by ShOoTaHReTuRnZ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:33 am

Thank you for all the effort you've put into this community Sammy. It was an honor to help out whenever I could years ago. Sorry about this late response. With the mixture of school and this sudden notice I guess I needed time to absorb it.
Hope you're all doing well and continue to do so! :mrgreen:
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
- Notable phrase of the U.S. Declaration of Independence

Zeul

Post by Zeul » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Nothing more needs be said ....
Sammy I tip my hat to you ... all the best in your future endeavors

Z Out

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:48 pm

40cal will not shut down!

mstgman has decided to step up and cover the cost of the dedibox, website and databases.
I am not sure if he knows how to run a gaming community, however I will be there to assist him.
let us give thanks to mstgman for keeping 40cal alive.
thank you Robert
sammy

Return to “Announcements”