Frost Awp needs tweeking OR removal

L4D - 1000 Ammo Pack Bank

Zo0Ot3d

Frost Awp needs tweeking OR removal

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:01 pm

This has just become insane now. The server is CONSTANTLY empty and when it does get going, somebody comes in and uses the damn frost awp. Players, especially regulars, ask for them to stop using it but of course they dont give a damn; so the server just empties. I believe that it is imperative to either reduce the amount of rounds per clip or completely getting rid of the gun all together. When these new foreign kids come in, running around trying to kill, you can see by their characters demeanor that they have no clue what is going on. My recommendations are:
1.) Make the amount of rounds - 3-4 shots PER clip
2.) Make the gun completely unattainable OR having it as a random choice kind of like RTD
3.) VIPs only can acquire the weapon. Thus the VIPs will understand what it does to the server. It truly is an unfair advantage let alone it is killing the server.
4.) Make the freezing time much shorter

If there are any other ideas I would really love to read them, unfortunately in general this gun destroyed the server as is. People would play more if it wasn't present. This is a personal request from me and I feel it will bring the server back to more suitable standards. Thanks guys! Happy New YEAR!!
Even the lowest man can rise above the heavens! ~Quintus Lentulus Batiatus

MarioBros

Re: Frost Awp needs tweeking OR removal

Post by MarioBros » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm

One of the reasons why I don't play l4d.
I really like the mod a lot, and the frost awp is a good idea but is way too OP.

+1 for tweaking it
"Text translated via Google Translate"

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Frost AWP would not be abused so heavily if stupid GUN XP WEAPONS menu worked. :evil:
It has a such a cool options like: AUTO AIM AK or THROW A KNIFE, UNLIMITED AMMO M4, etc.
That would've evened the game up. ;)
I just use madness against Frost AWP users to make them feel useless. :lol:
Overall Frost AWP is ineffective vs tank/nemesis.

My ONLY concern with Frost AWP is a WITCH zombie. After being shot, it can no longer high jump. I've reported that dozen times. :cry:
I am not going to start listing things which are not working in current mod, because this is not what this topic is about. :D
I DO NOT AGREE to remove FROST AWP completely, but if it can be tweaked to reload longer or have a frost effect time reduced in half, I do believe that'll fix the issue. ;)

I had many players ask for level 24, not 25. Most of the time I ignore the requests, but ask: Why not 25?
I know the answer, they just want frost awp, but I want to see what kind of BS they going to come up with.

HelloIamRobert

Post by HelloIamRobert » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:00 pm

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY wrote:Frost AWP would not be abused so heavily if stupid GUN XP WEAPONS menu worked. :evil:
It has a such a cool options like: AUTO AIM AK or THROW A KNIFE, UNLIMITED AMMO M4, etc.
That would've evened the game up. ;)
I just use madness against Frost AWP users to make them feel useless. :lol:
Overall Frost AWP is ineffective vs tank/nemesis.

My ONLY concern with Frost AWP is a WITCH zombie. After being shot, it can no longer high jump. I've reported that dozen times. :cry:
I am not going to start listing things which are not working in current mod, because this is not what this topic is about. :D
I DO NOT AGREE to remove FROST AWP completely, but if it can be tweaked to reload longer or have a frost effect time reduced in half, I do believe that'll fix the issue. ;)

I had many players ask for level 24, not 25. Most of the time I ignore the requests, but ask: Why not 25?
I know the answer, they just want frost awp, but I want to see what kind of BS they going to come up with.
I agree. The problem is that when people get to level 24, they will use their Frost AWP until they get to level 25, and a majority of people who have gained all levels will continue to use it afterwards. When there is 10 or more people, it wouldn't be too bad to use once or twice or three times. But people will use it every time and that's when it becomes a problem.
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mac10***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert *: persistent much?
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mp5navy***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert * has left the game

Zo0Ot3d

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Absolutely terrible. Have to waste half of your bank to get to the person using the frost awp. Its not worth it anymore. Until something is done, Im going to find another server to play bec Im tired of the stupid frost awp
Even the lowest man can rise above the heavens! ~Quintus Lentulus Batiatus

Dante

Post by Dante » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm

New players that don't a clue will quit because of the frost awp. I don't play l4d because the regulars blast it in the longest of corridors.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Everybody hold on...priorities first:

1. We need to get all servers up and running
2. We need to install maps on all servers(Custom or standard)
3. We need to install plug-ins on all servers(I myself lost amx_super in L4D)

Sammy is aware of the FROST AWP issue(TRUST ME) and we WILL look into a solution, but only AFTER the TOP 3 priorities are dealt with.

However...if anybody has a knowledge and expertise, feel free to modify the current L4D mod to enable GUN XP WEAPONS or lower FROST AWP "freeze" effect or increase its reload times...
Feel free to start working on that...I'll be more than glad to submit the finished product to Sammy once we are all caught up.

Shouldn't take long, stay tuned...

P.S. If you want a complete list of all the things which need to be fixed in our current L4D mod, please PM me on forum.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 pm

An Update:
AMX_RESTRICT weapons doesn't work even after SAVE SETTING and changing the map or restarting the round
AMX_freezetime doesn't work, either 0 or 6 or any other parameters.

I think it is in PLUG-IN CVAR COMMANDS how frost awp can be disabled or its freezetime lowered.

Sammy with your permission, can I attempt to configure this?

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:54 pm

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY wrote:An Update:
AMX_RESTRICT weapons doesn't work even after SAVE SETTING and changing the map or restarting the round
AMX_freezetime doesn't work, either 0 or 6 or any other parameters.

I think it is in PLUG-IN CVAR COMMANDS how frost awp can be disabled or its freezetime lowered.

Sammy with your permission, can I attempt to configure this?
I will look into it myself

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:10 am

Roger, I am not touching anything then. Thank you.

Return to “#1 Left4Dead + Gun-Xp! -------------------108.181.1.219:27015”