DIvech

got a problem? lets hear it!

PrinceShamino

DIvech

Post by PrinceShamino » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 pm

I just signed up and this will be my first post. Kind of sucks this has to be my first post but here it is. I'm one of the regulars on the server and so far I really love the Warcraft 3 server you got. There is one this however that I must share to better understand the situation and to prevent it from happening again if it was not admin abuse.

I was playing just now as T on Westwood and I saw one of my teammates get shot from one of the the hotel's windows right on front of me. So I shot where I believed the CT was while he was peppering my teammate with an un-silenced colt. I have no clue if I hit him or not to be honest because he was killed shortly after by another of my teammates. Frozenbullet who was dead then and specing tells DIvech who was on spec team that I am walling. DIvech types in chat "Shamino this is your last warning". I reply to him, I have never been warned before (about 4:40 PM if logs need to be checked). I was typing another reply to him: "Warned for what?" when I just got kicked.

I am a CS veteran who has played CS way before Steam even came out. One constant I have witnessed is admin abuse only kills servers/communities. This brings me to my question for you folks. Was I in the wrong for shooting towards enemy I did not see with my ak in order to save my teammate by providing a distraction for him and if so was is acceptable and not. I was actually using a Dreanor race with no mask and no way to tell if my bullets hit any target. I did not expect to kill the enemy only hinder or distract him.

Thank ye all!

MarioBros

Re: DIvech

Post by MarioBros » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 pm

We have a set of rules that apply to all the 40cal servers.
When you connect to the server and press enter, you ARE agreeing with said rules.
Our admins have a procedure to follow that consist on warning then kicking and/or slaying.
They usually let you know about it using amx_tsay which puts a text on the screen with whatever information you want. You may have missed it or not.
You can read all of them in here
-Do not spam walls, boxes, doors, or crates
If you need further explanation about our rules, please let us know.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Mario already answered (im typing slow)

-Do not spam walls, boxes, doors, or crates

I warned you too many times yesterday and you broke the rule just after i displayed a t_say msg about it.
That's why i kicked you :arrow:

We get to explain over and over that it is not allowed to just shoot where you think the enemy is without a visual. After you see the enemy you get 3 secs to shoot at after they are back out of sight :arrow:

I know you probably had an idea where to shoot at, but i have to be fair and enforce the rules :idea:

P.S. Not the ideal first post 8-)
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

Overkill

Post by Overkill » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 am

The rule really should be changed to say "Do not shoot walls/boxes/doors without a visual of your enemy" or something.

Spamming is a very specific word that the rest of the CS world generally takes to mean "Don't use spam spots/shoot repeatedly without purpose." There are map locations that spamming the wall will yield high results, such as the floor/ceiling on Vertigo, the B tunnel wall on Dust2, and the mid wall near the lamp post on Inferno. They aren't inherently obvious like the Aztec/Dust2 doors are, but they can get a lot of kills.

Infinity and Para spamming can ruin the game for people, especially on WC3 where you get feedback (green screen, damage taken, health gained, etc) for hitting people. While I disagree with the rule and feel it should be truly limited to spamming, I also don't pay for the server/coding.

method-

Post by method- » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Shamino get used to this abuse of admin. I was banned for someone thinking I walled when you could clearly hear the guy, then I disputed and was unbanned. Then Sammy thought it would be funny to delete all my XP because I was "owning too much" and supposedly I was warned for that too which I wasn't. Now I recently got banned for cursing on accident and even though I apologized after I'm still banned because Overkill is jealous and has nothing better to do than to provoke people and record them playing in-game n frustrate them to the point he can use something against you to get you banned. I can't imagine how awesome of a life he must have, but anyways, if you see someone you can spam them for 3 seconds or so.. otherwise if you're playing like a veteran, I've been playing since beta 5.2, and using sound to shoot people through walls you will unfortunately be penalized. It's unfair but its what they have in place in order to better recognize people if their walling or not. It's sad that so many people today cheat at the game but it is what it is and I guess this makes it easier for admins to see. The way this whole community is supposed to run is a great idea but at the end of the day its terribly run. Especially if you're a good player unfortunately sooner or later you'll probably be banned from their servers by other people with no lives complaining about you and trying to use demos against you, if you "own too hard" or if you're accused of cheating. Other than that admins that like to abuse their power like they've consistently done to me might be after you, so just a heads up about this community. I'm banned right now for cursing on accident over the mic and even though I apologized they don't care and I was never warned just instantly banned days later. LOL good luck with 40cal, they're service is terrible and its running itself into the ground they way they handle things.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Well its sad you think that way Overkill, please ignore my PM, its useless now.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”