map change

speak and you will be heard!

Glazed

Re: map change

Post by Glazed » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 am

You can access MOST of the maps within console through maps * but what you see in the eligible voting category is what Sammy has enabled for the direct rotation. Likelihood is the same maps you are not seeing other admins are not either. It also varies depending on what server your are on. DM for example you can vote from classic maps through command menu. So what I will do is, I will cast a basic amx_vote with the potential maps and then go by most voted, then if people misvote they don't get upset. Also be careful with the maps * in console as depending on the server and mod they can crash.
GlazeD

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Well usually, not always, will be at least one vote for "NO". I think if we count the votes and more than 50% voted "YES", it should be an "ok" to proceed. Overall it is majority. For example: 10 voted "YES" and 1 voted "NO"

That'll be pretty...I don't know... selfish, perhaps NOT TO CHANGE IT?

Yeah GLAZy, my main problem is Warcraft 3. I do not have any issues in any other servers.
I don't have any ASSAULT map variations or OFFICE or DEAGLE, but I played on those maps and they are downloaded.

Yesterday, people have asked for OFFICE 40cal version. This is great that our players want to play on OUR version of map and I felt incompetent telling them: I do not have that map on my map list.
I sent an admin message to a 3 star who was present and asked if he/she had that map. He/she confirmed with "YES" and I told he/she to create a vote and if majority agrees to change it. Surprisingly, nobody voted "No'

The reason I am being persistent on this is because, wouldn't that make an exception for lower rank admin to create a map vote and change it if 4stars and higher is present but does not have the map players ask for?

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:14 pm

I think it would definitely be appropriate, 40cal office in particular is one that is not currently in the votemap rotation In wc3 but is in the maps * list. You can use amx_map cs_office_40cal to access it.
GlazeD

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Nope, cuz most people leave to the map requested.
And by denying the vote you dont do anything unusual. Like if you werent there. So they dont miss anything. And let the cycle go like normal.

And there is always more no's than yes when map voting.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:27 pm

I do not know MARIO, when I create a vote in Left4Dead server, I get all "YES". Perhaps I do not know our Warcraft3 players as well.

Yet, I assume the map vote results in Warcraft 3 varies Mario. Look, when I asked a 3star yesterday to create a vote for ASSAULT...we probably had 10-12 people online, EVERYBODY voted "YES"

But of course, I told the 3star to wait till the round is over and do NOT change the map in the middle of the round. I know some players are going for that 25 kills mark to get their 5 GOLDs.

I am confused. GLAZED says it is "appropriate", you say "nope". I really think I am making big deal about this. I bet I am the only admin who experiences this map issue Mario.

Let's attempt to fix this. I'll replace my folder with yours, so I'll avoid this "map issue" in the future. Every time I'll re-install Windows on my comp, I'll just save the MAP folder to USB and then after installing STEAM again, i'll replace it.
Can you please download your map folder to MEDIAFIRE?

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Oh yeah, Im talking about wc3.
And every time some say to change the map, they either leave or sit in spec. Plus the ones who said no, leave too.

So I say no to map change in wc3 when asked.
Unless last 3 maps are a variation of the same map.

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm

On that note Mario, as I have had to ask a few times in the past, would it be okay for lower admins like myself to change the map in situations like that?

I know we have the ability to yet are not supposed to. But I have run into it a few times where we end up on a variation of the same map 2-3 times and people just start leaving. The only reason I'm asking is because I was playing on WC3 earlier and we ended up on 2 variations of dust2 then 2 variations of aztec and people started comlaining, asking if I could change map. I tried finding a 4* or higher to ask permission but nobody got back to me until long after the map had changed.

What should we do in situations like that?

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:32 pm

kal_el.ca wrote:On that note Mario, as I have had to ask a few times in the past, would it be okay for lower admins like myself to change the map in situations like that?

I know we have the ability to yet are not supposed to. But I have run into it a few times where we end up on a variation of the same map 2-3 times and people just start leaving. The only reason I'm asking is because I was playing on WC3 earlier and we ended up on 2 variations of dust2 then 2 variations of aztec and people started comlaining, asking if I could change map. I tried finding a 4* or higher to ask permission but nobody got back to me until long after the map had changed.

What should we do in situations like that?

IF, and only IF, the players are leaving because of it, change it.
I believe sammy said something like this
sammy wrote:Use your best judgment

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Okay, I just wanted to get an okay to do it instead of having to wait for a higher admin because the server pop. usualy dies by time that happens. I just don't want to get in crap for doing something like that

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Also to that regard, let's make sure if we are going to change that we pick a map that everyone will like, not cs_poutinevillage ex0tic, you always pwn me there lol
GlazeD

Return to “Complaint Department!”