I want to apologize to Jason

i screwed up and im sorry!

ali64

I want to apologize to Jason

Post by ali64 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:40 am

I want to apologize to Jason for informing him about false information yesterday, I kept telling him that fast teleport was not allowed. I kept hearing other players complain about it, I was trying to make the server enjoyable for everyone to play in.

I was misinforming other players information because I was told by other 40cal members that we were not allowed to fast teleport, I was reading ibad post about Jason and got clarification from Brock. I just want to make sure everyone is aware, if it's not listed as a rule, then it's not a rule.

So I apologize, won't happen again #gg #nore #pleasedontbanmeordemoteme :oops:

F@N1

Re: I want to apologize to Jason

Post by F@N1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 am

Also read Mario's post here ali

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 53&t=20601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OMG U HACKER MAGNET -Sparky
"aw you cheater...you super cheat" -hiei

ali64

Post by ali64 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks Fani,

For providing me additional information -- now I know what to do in that situation.

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:44 am

ali64 wrote:I want to apologize to Jason for informing him about false information yesterday, I kept telling him that fast teleport was not allowed. I kept hearing other players complain about it, I was trying to make the server enjoyable for everyone to play in.

I was misinforming other players information because I was told by other 40cal members that we were not allowed to fast teleport, I was reading ibad post about Jason and got clarification from Brock. I just want to make sure everyone is aware, if it's not listed as a rule, then it's not a rule.

So I apologize, won't happen again #gg #nore #pleasedontbanmeordemoteme :oops:

Although is not a rule, is good to enforce it for several reasons: Gives fairness to the game and do not allow other players to take advantage.

Also, the boss do not appreciate that servers get emptied because of one or two players trying to reach the top 15 score or the number of kills for gold bonus by teleporting early. Yes, is not a rule (for now) but being flexible and trying to make a server enjoyable for everyone is top priority.

Hawk

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

MeRcyKiLler

Post by MeRcyKiLler » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 am

I would also like to note that this isn't the only "rule" that is enforced by some, but not by others, and there are various reasons for it. The experienced players don't mind cause they're good at listening for it, while the inexperienced don't mind cause they have a better chance at survival. Conversely, the experienced may not appreciate the idea of one less kill and the inexperienced dont know what to listen for when they're in spawn and/or (again), one less kill. Personally, even tho I am not even close to one of the best players in this clan/community overall, I do not mind any of these tactics being utilized as some of the other admins might also agree.

I will use another recently controversial "rule" as an example. Spawn killing. There is no spawn killing rule for the Warcraft 3 server and any other servers that have a spawn killing rule say "No EXCESSIVE spawn killing". This goes to say, that spawn killing is fine, but there is a line as to when a player should not be spawn killing. Every once in a while, I see no problem with that. But, if someone is getting one or more kills every round due to spawn killing, well then, that's a problem. I believe that is why there is no "official" rule to these things. Because, in reality, utilizing the tools provided to you by the mod should not be an issue if it's ONCE IN A WHILE. The issue arises when it's a constant, round after round.

*dies 3 times to same person*

We aren't friends anymore -_-

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:40 am

^And the ones that went constant are gone... Seen it several times and when it reached the point of no return they became "persona non grata" around here.

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

MeRcyKiLler

Post by MeRcyKiLler » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:09 am

AA27 HAWK wrote:^And the ones that went constant are gone... Seen it several times and when it reached the point of no return they became "persona non grata" around here.
"Persona non grata" :lol: I like that

*dies 3 times to same person*

We aren't friends anymore -_-

Return to “Apology Section!”