Item Modification Suggestions

For The Menu - say /war3menu

RNGesus

Item Modification Suggestions

Post by RNGesus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 pm

The following Items in my honest opinion are OP. This doesnt mean I wish to have them removed, just altered to make it more balanced and Even.

Infinity --> Perhaps this Item shouldnt be endless bullets, instead rename it to Extended Clip and make it so you have to reload every 2 or 3 clips.

Deaths Touch --> This Should be a knife item only, Bullet damage mods should be capped at around 2x Damage per bullet,

Claws --> This should be reduce to 6-7 extra damage a bullet, not 10. When stacked with Night Elf this item makes a most pistols a 1 shot headshot to any race minus Humans not using a helm (or Armor)

Helm --> This item should be reduce from charges to permanent 70-85% reduction in damage caused by headshots. When stacked by users with way too much gold it pretty much makes getting HS kills impossible.

I am sure their are more that I havent quite had the unpleasure of being stacked up against yet but these are just a few suggestions taken from back when I ran a altered Classic WC3 and a Altered UWC3 mod server. Item and Race skill/ability balance is a key component to having any and all players enjoy this lovely mod equally. I have spent many many hours rewriting percentages on Skills and abilities *(Due to running a Altered UWC3 mod server for almost a year before I had my daughter)* and our player base had minimal to no complaints after a few well placed fine tunings of Skill %s and Total Level(s) of said skills or abilities.
Prepares to Sacrifice Rubber-Chicken to RNGesus

RNGesus

Re: Item Modification Suggestions

Post by RNGesus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 am

It would appear that the Scroll of Town Portal item needs some adjustment as well. It is way too cheap and I have seen it spammed a lot tonight.

It either needs to be cranked up in price, and/or limited to X uses a round *(I would suggest 2-3 uses per round)*

This item is being spammed in conjunction with Health Potion, which should also be limited to X uses per round *(Again I would suggest 2-3)*

Balance is key to any and all users enjoying this mod equally.
Prepares to Sacrifice Rubber-Chicken to RNGesus

Dante

Post by Dante » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:22 am

These items are more not mentioned have been tweaked. All players have access to these shopmenu items. Eventually we will just get rid of the shopmenu all together at the rate we're going. If any player needs help with making binds for any shopmenu item please pm me.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:15 am

I like the shopmenus as they are. Scroll of Town Portal drives me nuts, but only because it robs me of kills. It is balanced by the time limit of the round. If they portal too much they can't complete the mission.
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 am

The items are ok, its the gold bank that keeps making this stacking available.
Since the first complaint about the items I knew removing the gold would've been the perfect fix, but everyone prefers having gold and getting owned because of the players who uses potions/scrolls/portal like 99999 times in a single round.
I used to play the older wc3 mod more often bevause it didnt have the gold thing, but since this was implemented my wc3 time has gone way down.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 pm

There is no way to fix it. Like dante said if you want to edit everything than sooner or later you would just have the shops removed. No matter how the items are there is never going to be a 100% fix. As to the gold, if you removed that than you also will have people complaint about that. There is always going to be critique that is just how the world is.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:14 pm

You were not here when we had the older version of Warcraft ( or maybe you did, but I doubt it), there was no gold, no 2 extra shopmenus and the only complain there was was about BloodMage being too OP.

No "unlimited" funds means no stacking or overusing items. Sammy would've saved a lot of editing if he would've removed the whole gold system (which is not part of the wc3 mod).

I really like the mod but having players using and using and using items like potion/scroll/portal really makes it boring. Specifically for us who are not 24/7 wc3 players or are new to the server.

There is only that much you can buy with 16k and that makes it "balanced". You either buy equipment or items.

I keep suggesting this because it is (or was) the easy way out of trouble...but I guess its too late for it since players became dependants of their gold.

I too agree with Dante about modifying the mod (lol) will leave us with classic cs server. Thats why I target something which isnt part of the mod ;)

Anyway, you guys dig your own grave lol I'll still play occasionally with godmode! >:D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Everybody played BM before it was tweaked.

I agree with the portals... people portal all the time. A raised price wold suffice in my opinion. Just like the accelerator's price was raised.

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Yea i have played older versions that did not have everything this one does but it is like you said people have gotten used to this style.

-=Brock*Samson=-

Post by -=Brock*Samson=- » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Not the Face! wrote:Everybody played BM before it was tweaked.

I agree with the portals... people portal all the time. A raised price wold suffice in my opinion. Just like the accelerator's price was raised.
You hit the nail on the head, NTF. Now that the accelerator is 8k, you see a lot less of it. Portal is over-used (and it also makes Warden ultimate useless) at the moment. Maybe raising the price to 8k would help.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”