Destiny

play thousands of games free!

Evangelist

Re: Destiny

Post by Evangelist » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Yeah it does look pretty awesome, I agree. I just don't want it to end too soon.

I actually wish Destiny was more like wow in the sense that there's a LOT of stuff to do even before you get to end-game. More story would be good too, but the game itself is fun just to blast junk.

Maybe am just jaded from bad games for the past few years. There's been so many bad ones, and too few good ones. Destiny has a lot of potential for being a great game, I just want it to expand and be something I can devote time to for a long while.

Knives

Post by Knives » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 pm

My only problem for Destiny is that while playing the game, you don't really feel any sense of accomplishment. Well atleast I don't because for WoW you gotta have you actually need a group of non-troll players or to have guild raid time and such to do something like heroic raids and after passing something good u have a good feeling about it and actually have vent or whatever your guild use and talk or stuff like that. But for destiny.... is pretty easy mechanics, no harder teir item loots, exotics are too random also everything can be done with pugs.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:14 pm

YES exactly what I mean.

When I sit down to play it, I get that feeling that what's going on is just to pass time rather than to build up to something. You can do things in other MMO's like story progression for instance, but since there's a major lack of a story; once you hit a plateau, there's nothing really left.

At least in WoW, there's hundreds of quests you can do if you're bored, PvP, dungeons, raids, crafting, and achievement hunting. Here you're limited to a few quests and strikes, and PvP. Anything else (raids) you would need to have a group already. Even in WoW you can do random raiding. The thing that really sucks is even if you have a group; all content for the week could be done in one day.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition Content Now Available Separately

I don't know if anyone saw/read the interview with Eurogamer interviewing Luke Smith where he basically, flat-out said that the only way to get any of the new features being released along with the Taken King would only be available by purchasing the Collector's Edition. These features would be exclusive shaders, exotic XP gaining equipment, and emotes.

As I predicted; people were pissed.

A few hours ago, Bungie announced that these additional features will now be available to veteran players without having to buy the Collector's Edition. In addition, there will be veteran perks available to anyone that reaches level 30 before Taken King goes live. They will include a veteran shader, emblem and sparrow.

Here's where it gets crazy.

Bungie wants to sell the now freestanding collector's edition perks to players for $20 dollars. Is that bad? It depends on who you ask. Personally I don't think its a bad thing; but its setting the stage for future microtransactions. Anyone that knows me, knows I am HEAVY on conspiracy theories, especially corporate, government and social engineering.

I doubt that Luke Smith is a genius; he speaks like a moron, so I don't give him any benefit of the doubt; but I think that Bungivision is using the incident as a platform to test the waters for microtransactions.

This goes back to many of the games in recent history; where you pay a small amount, and receive something. Is it a bad system? Again it depends on who you ask. I paid a bit of money for the Secret World to buy costumes for my character; it was purely cosmetic and served no purpose in battle; I knew that, but I wanted my character to look awesome. $5-10 dollars at max for a costume. Costumes could also be interchanged with other costumes (IE; hat, shirt, jacket, pants, shoes, accessory.) So with more combinations; possibilities are endless. I liked it, it worked well, and you could be unique.

Now imagine logging in to a store menu every time you log into the game; X amount of money for an Exotic item, or maybe a little less for a legendary. Maybe? Maybe not; pay2win is highly looked down on, and I don't think they would shoot that low; then again, Activision. Consider also that in PvP, weapon damage is normalized; but it would still be murder in PvE.

Also imagine:

- Motes of light
- Strange Coins
- Crafting Material
- Cosmetic Items
- Engrams; as a kind of gambling (similar to Diablo 2; or boxes in the game Rift.)

What would make the most sense from a business standpoint is to sell little things like this. A few dollars here and there. If they're really smart, they'll even uncap the glimmer, and allow you to purchase these things with in-game currency to establish a web of currency. Real money or glimmer/marks. To give the players a sense of choice; however, if the prices are too steep, or requirements too high, then a few dollars spent sounds pretty good. I'd predict that they would even go so far as to give the outfitter and speaker a reputation grind. Get to level 4,5,6,etc, and you can buy these special colors for 10k glimmer... or just pay 3 dollars to get it now.

Again, is it a bad thing? Not really, its just business.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:44 pm

So a few days ago I bought TTK... and I love it. It changed a lot, and am finding myself on it more often than I had.

If anyone is interested in finding me...

samkfj
Playstation 4

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:07 pm

I just started playing it like 3 weeks ago. Barbo and I bought the game with all the DLC.
Have to say, its not a bad game, but neither is it THAT good like a lot of people say it is. I still haven't reached level 40, but I dont see myself playing it more after reaching it.

The one thing I hate with all my soul is the aim assist. I'm good, but good lord, Im not that good.

Also, where do you get the legendary thingys? I just cant seem to find any e.e
"Text translated via Google Translate"

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ

Post by ShOoTaHReTuRnZ » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:11 am

Evangelist wrote:So a few days ago I bought TTK... and I love it. It changed a lot, and am finding myself on it more often than I had.

If anyone is interested in finding me...

samkfj
Playstation 4
Cool. I'll see you in game soon. ;)
MarioBros wrote:I just started playing it like 3 weeks ago. Barbo and I bought the game with all the DLC.
Have to say, its not a bad game, but neither is it THAT good like a lot of people say it is. I still haven't reached level 40, but I dont see myself playing it more after reaching it.

The one thing I hate with all my soul is the aim assist. I'm good, but good lord, Im not that good.

Also, where do you get the legendary thingys? I just cant seem to find any e.e
Hit level 40 first then you'll start getting your legendary marks silly. :P
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
- Notable phrase of the U.S. Declaration of Independence

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:05 am

Well that makes sense :p
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah, am no advocate for the game being amazing, it has its flaws for sure, but its a lot better than what it had been. There's quite a bit to keep you busy for a while.

The aim assist takes some getting used to but it could have been worse, then again, could have been better.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Mario, I dunno if you and barbo play on ps4, but, maybe you'd like the raids and strikes also. I'd always be down, and I have two others I play with so grouping up would be a real possibility.

Return to “Game Center!”