Headphones

talk about cs related topics here!

PeppeJones

Headphones

Post by PeppeJones » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:29 am

Budget 5-25$ i know thats not much but considering i've been using dollarstore ones, it'd probably be a big improvement. What should i get?? Radio Shack Walmart are closest places.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: Headphones

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:29 am

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach- ... l/21567778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They should have them at the store. If not if you can get together 5 more bucks the had a pc, ps3, and xbox 360 headphone set that I saw the other day. not sure the brand but I'm most likely going to get a pair.

DotA

Post by DotA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 pm

If you go into a gamestop, they might have sales on "older" headsets for like $15-$25. I bought a pair of tritons that were originally 80, but got them for 20 lol.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Use EBAY or CRAIGLIST. I've got STUDIO ULTRASONE PROLINE 750 as a gift from my producer/dj friends. These are $400 headphones. My friend went to craiglist and bought brand new for a $100.
But to answer to your question for $25...
1. Look up something that costs $50-100
2. Remember the make and model
3. EBAY or craiglist it
4. Chances are you'll find used items, but might find new one for $25
5. ENJOY your $50-100 headphones for only $25

That's what I would recommend. ;)

PeppeJones

Post by PeppeJones » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Wound up getting a pair from radio shack for 13$ they sound great thanks for the suggestions guys.

PeppeJones

Post by PeppeJones » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:48 am

UPDATE** they broke..... pic below....
i did get a service plan so im going to get them replaced in the morning....

I wrote a review on radioshacks website lol, look at what i used for my name....

Product: RadioShack® Lightweight Stereo Headphones by Radio Shack
Submitted at: RadioShack
Love them!!!
by PeppeJones Counterstrike Extrodinaire from Little Rock, Arkansas on 10/1/2013

Pros:
Lightweight, Stylish, Compact, Weak Jack, Great Sound, Good Bass, Good Value, Comfortable
Cons:
Flimsy Jack
Best Uses:
With My Computer, Music, Home Audio
Describe Yourself:
Techie, Audiophile
Was this a gift?:
No
Bought these to use on my pc, they worked wonderfully for the first month, but one day when unplugging(my pc has front facing audio jack)the jack slipped out of the rubber housing and exposed the wiring, i pushed it back together and went about my business no problems. My sister-in-law borrowed them to use with iphone, and brought them home completely broken(jack loose from housing). I did purchase the service plan(13$ Tax included) So, im going to have them replaced in the morning. I cannot say anything bad about these other than the jack is easy to break, but taken care of, and lightly used for pc or portable audio you cannot beat the sound, bass, and comfort.
Last edited by PeppeJones on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeppeJones

Post by PeppeJones » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:58 am

Wow, sorry about that image size guys, ill have imgshack resize it next time.

edit* resized fixed

Punisher*Ltr

Post by Punisher*Ltr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 am

PeppeJones wrote:UPDATE** they broke..... pic below....
i did get a service plan so im going to get them replaced in the morning....

I wrote a review on radioshacks website lol, look at what i used for my name....

Product: RadioShack® Lightweight Stereo Headphones by Radio Shack
Submitted at: RadioShack
Love them!!!
by PeppeJones Counterstrike Extrodinaire from Little Rock, Arkansas on 10/1/2013

Pros:
Lightweight, Stylish, Compact, Weak Jack, Great Sound, Good Bass, Good Value, Comfortable
Cons:
Flimsy Jack
Best Uses:
With My Computer, Music, Home Audio
Describe Yourself:
Techie, Audiophile
Was this a gift?:
No
Bought these to use on my pc, they worked wonderfully for the first month, but one day when unplugging(my pc has front facing audio jack)the jack slipped out of the rubber housing and exposed the wiring, i pushed it back together and went about my business no problems. My sister-in-law borrowed them to use with iphone, and brought them home completely broken(jack loose from housing). I did purchase the service plan(13$ Tax included) So, im going to have them replaced in the morning. I cannot say anything bad about these other than the jack is easy to break, but taken care of, and lightly used for pc or portable audio you cannot beat the sound, bass, and comfort.
I think you get what you pay for to be honest. I would steer away from anything under $25.

Good brands under $50 are:

Plantronics (been around forever, they have always been my go to vendor for microphones and headsets. )
Logitech (makes quality products, would recommend)
Turtle Beach ( I have a wireless headset for my ps3 for about 2 years, no issues)

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah I use Turtle Beach for Ps3 and PC and they are decent
GlazeD

Return to “Counter-Strike! General cs topics!”