OWNX's TO DO LIST

For The Menu - say /war3menu

OWNX

OWNX's TO DO LIST

Post by OWNX » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Here it will be posted what i should do .
( After you make a thread and that ideea is accepted , post here , is more easy for me to solve )
Thanks palls :)

sammy
Site Admin

Re: OWNX's TO DO LIST

Post by sammy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 pm

well there you go guys. ownx is ready to fix whatever you want :D

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Dear Mr. OWNX,

WC3 Moles/Concealed Nametags:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=15058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you. :D

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:02 pm

ScorpioN wrote:Dear Mr. OWNX,

WC3 Moles/Concealed Nametags:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=15058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you. :D
Yeah I think that was a pretty unanimous request to change I miss warden being awesome:P Excellent to see this thread OWNX thank you!
Last edited by Glazed on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlazeD

NonMagical

Post by NonMagical » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:24 pm

What do you mean after the idea is accepted? I recently made a thread with a ton of suggestions for balance... Should discussion continue there about it? Should it move here? Should I just link the thread here? Let me know the right avenue I should be taking.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm

NonMagical wrote:What do you mean after the idea is accepted? I recently made a thread with a ton of suggestions for balance... Should discussion continue there about it? Should it move here? Should I just link the thread here? Let me know the right avenue I should be taking.
Believe he means when it's unanimous. If few players agree, but not the majority, I don't think OWNX would make the change

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

NonMagical wrote:What do you mean after the idea is accepted? I recently made a thread with a ton of suggestions for balance... Should discussion continue there about it? Should it move here? Should I just link the thread here? Let me know the right avenue I should be taking.

I think your thread would be perfect to keep hashing out the changes we want and then post final requests here. And sorry it was supposed to be unanimous lol. I think it would be fair to make a post here that requests that Bloodmage Damage reduction be reduced as that seems to be commonly agreed upon also. Here is the link to the suggestions OWNX

Rawr's Proposed changes:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=15383
GlazeD

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm

here ya go ownx. you asked for it :P

Blood Mage
The real terror on the server. This class is arguably the strongest class in the game, and has been so since the last iteration of this mod which had only 8 classes. Blood Mage became even stronger in this patch due to the addition of a third item slot.
Siphon Money: Honestly, this skill isn't that bad. Yes, it allows gold generation at an insane rate, which in turn allows a player to respawn a bunch of times every map should they choose, but it is just one of the flavors of the class. It doesn't make them overpowered from a combat perspective, so I have a hard time saying it needs to be changed. Especially with the current nerf to moles and the ability to detect them instantly (which was the only real danger of BMs with unlimited resources) Only reason I am mentioning it is because I saw a topic about it already posted.
Passive: This is the broken skill that makes all Blood Mages, even at level 0, the strongest class in the game. On the surface it doesn't seem that bad, but that is until you realize that you can pair it with a Mask of Death. What this means is that the Mask of Death is stronger on the Blood Mage than any other class. I don't know the exact percent that the passive reduces, but it is in the neighborhood of 33% (if you were to just spray down an AFK Blood Mage, it takes about 150 damage to kill him). So for each health that the Blood Mage recovers with a mask, it takes 1.33 damage to remove it. This is one of those skills that leads to those weird spray firefights where two people literally hit each other for 300+ damage before somebody finally dies. It isn't any fun, and if you are not one of the classes that has the ability to do this, you lose nearly every encounter. Blood Mage is the best class at doing this, as they can sustain the longest due to their passive.
Triple item: The one "weakness", albeit small, in the last version of WC3 mod was that a Blood Mage had to choose between a helmet to stop headshots, or a necklace to stop ultimates. Most chose the necklace, meaning Blood Mages could be stopped with good enough aim. This is no longer a possibility, and you will never see a Blood Mage who is not running the Mask of Death + helmet combo. It is out of control overpowered.
My suggestion: Just change the passive. You don't need a new passive, you just need to lower the % reduction in damage to something far more reasonable. The class should not be defined by it's level 0 ability. 33%, or whatever it is, is far to big a number. It should be reduced to something like 10% at the most, maybe even 5%. This is the only way it will be brought in line with other classes. The passive should be a little flavor bonus on top of the skills that are supposed to make up the core of the class.
Fudd's suggestion: Change how Banish works. Make it so when the Blood Mage is attacking somebody it can banish their target, as opposed to banishing the attacker when they hit the Blood Mage. This would make sneaking up on a Blood Mage more realistic.

Worgen: In my opinion a close second to the Blood Mage. Together, these two races far outclass the rest of the options you can choose from. It's pretty much a better version of Undead in every single way (some people, including myself, actually feel the regular gravity is a buff, not a loss).
Silent Run: This skill is literally an Undead skill with an item baked into it. I think the Undead scales a little better, but the difference is negligible if so. The amount of benefit from this skill is just a bit too much.
Heal on Hit: This skill, much like the passive on Blood Mage, is what makes this class too strong. Again, this is one of those skills that allows a character who, in a fight with somebody where they are both spraying each other at point blank, allows the Worgen to take 300+ damage before dying. This needs to be nerfed, just like the BM passive.
Triple item: Same as BM.
My suggestion: Silent Run needs to have its speed cut down by about 50% just to make it not Undead 2.0, while still preserving the free silent run you get from it. It makes zero sense that Worgen get the exact same Undead skill with a free item as well. The healing on hit thing needs a reduction in effectiveness on the same scale as the BM passive. It is just far too strong at this time. Something as severe as a 25% effectiveness compared to what it is at now would bring the class back down to normal levels.

Night Elf: Mostly a fine class, but with one skill that needs to have a mechanic completely removed.
Ultimate: Night Elf has far and above the most powerful ultimate in the game. It isn't even comparable to other ultimates. In the original WC3 mod, when there were only 4 classes, this skill did what it should do: rooted the player. In the last version and in this version though, it does the unthinkable: It roots the player, and forces them to throw their gun. Uh, what? That is incredibly broken. This makes it become an instant kill ultimate. Other ultimates do some amount of damage, be it 25 or 30 or something. Or they provide some utility. This one is literally worth 100 damage.
Trueshot Aura: There is some concern about the potent ability of Trueshot Aura + Claw, but to be honest this has been a deadly combo that has existed since the original WC3 mod and in my opinion should be preserved. People definitely disagree with me on this though. Strong? Definitely. Broken? Debatable. Would love more opinions on this. I just know I have never personally gotten upset at being killed by a Night Elf, feeling like I was 2 shot.
My suggestion: Return the class to what it was originally. The ultimate should root, and only root. The player who is rooted should suffer a penalty for being hit: Not being able to run. They should still be able to fire back and defend themselves with more than a pistol.

Warlock: The bane of people on Vertigo.
Siphon Life: This skill would be balance if it didn't overlap with other Warlocks. This skill would not make you want to slam your face in the keyboard if it didn't flash your screen red, or make screaming sounds constantly. The idea of this skill is supposed to be that it life drains nearby enemies, but with these aesthetic additions it actually does more than that. The red screen flash makes it hard for the people affected to see, especially if they are trying to spot humans. But what is arguable worse, and the thing I abuse the most when I play Warlock, is that it makes the players affected by Siphon Life make screaming noises that can be heard by every other player. What does this mean? It means it is effectively a wall hack for anybody with headphones who knows how to pinpoint players with sound. I can literally walk into the Train inner bombsite and know where each human inside is hiding. Oh, you are under this train. Gotcha. And you are hiding against that ladder. You're dead, too! On top of this, even if you aren't good at hearing sounds, one of the skills (might even be this same skill) causes visual pulses to emit from players making even somebody without sound have a visual wallhack. It's a free "Scanner" item.
My suggestion: Eliminate the red flashes, eliminate the auditory sound that drives people crazy, and consider adjusting the visual pulses. I think infrequent visual pulses would add a nice flavor to the skill, but shouldn't go off every 2 seconds like the Scanner item. Perhaps if possible, make a new auditory sound that is only heard by the player being affected just to let them know they are being life drained, and make it one that is not obnoxious like it currently is. Also, if possible, do not allow Warlock abilities to overlap. If there are 2 Warlocks in range of a target, only one application of Drain Life occurs.

Druid: Mostly fine, but has a bugged skill.
Not Sure Which Skill: One of the Druid skills causes a knock up similar to Crypt Lord. This is not listed in any of the skill descriptions, and I'm not even sure which skill does it. But should be removed if it can be found.

Other classes: I'm not very well versed in other classes, but I do know Draenei has a similar ability to Blood Mage and Worgen, albeit weaker. So something to keep an eye on. If anybody else has suggestions about class balance, post it and I'll update this original post.

Items: A couple items should be changed or outright removed.
Helmet: In my opinion, this item should have one use or be removed. It is far too powerful of an item. This suggestion holds even more weight if changes to Blood Mage / Worgen never go in effect. This item, in combination with their abilities + Mask of Death is immensely powerful. Speaking of which:
Mask of Death: This item should have its effectiveness reduced. Honestly 50% doesn't even feel good enough. When every single "good" player in the server is using a combination of Mask + Helmet, you have to think "Hey, maybe these two items are too strong if out of the 40 available items, these two are used 95% of the time."
Potion: This item should simply be removed. I've seen players with a key bound to potion who, mid-spray, will use this item to go back to 100 health. I've seen Blood Mages use it twice in one clip while spraying at me. Nothing makes me want to punch my monitor more than when I see somebody do this. It is the lowest thing somebody can do, in my opinion. We have rings that you can stack to 5 for recover HP. And instant full heal, regardless of price, should not be in the game. If removing the item is too much work, then make it heal 25 instead of 100 or something. Note: This isn't the most often abused trick, as the cost makes it pretty prohibitive. But it does happen sometimes.
Scroll of Respawn: If possible, this item should be limited to one per round but not tied to race abilities that allow respawn as well. Meaning if you revive from a Blood Mage or you are a Warden, then that is fine, and you can still use the item to respawn as well. But people who respawn 5 times in one round? That needs a nerf. Apples and myself watch somebody rack up 20 deaths in 4 rounds on Italy once. Not exaggerating, either. He can verify.
Death Touch: Suggestion by Fudd. Limit 1 per map if possible, or remove.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 pm

OWNX wrote:Here it will be posted what i should do .
( After you make a thread and that ideea is accepted , post here , is more easy for me to solve )
Thanks palls :)
OWNX thanks for the help. I made you 40 ambassador :D

Franchesssss

Post by Franchesssss » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 pm

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 32&t=15141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadow Hunter Ult been fixed??

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”