Possible reactivation of UWC3 mod? *(But balanced version)*

For The Menu - say /war3menu

RNGesus

Possible reactivation of UWC3 mod? *(But balanced version)*

Post by RNGesus » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

I used to run a UWC3 server back in the day, and to my knowledge we did a great job lowering %s of skills and overall level achievable in said skill. Not to mention the reduction of max level as to prevent super users *(I.E players who know well the game mechanics and could stack the right skills to be pretty much invincible)*

If needed I suppose the GOLD system could be initiated into this mod as well but would probably break its balanced play.

Basics of this are as follows;

Max player level reduced from 40 to 25
Attribute bonus %s reduced so that CtC *(Chance to cast)* skills if stacked are not outrageous
# of Attributes obtainable reduced from 35 to 20,
CtC%s lowered to reduce overcast upon stacking of said skills
Ultimates limit reduced from 3 at a time to 2
1/3/5/10 levels per skills reduced to 1/3/5 to max them out
%s given from each skill for non CtC barely reduced *(5-10% reductions all around)*
Shopmenu system stays mostly the same minus Shopmenu3 and 4 being combined to just 1 menu and still allows users to use 3 items simultaneously
Shopmenu Item %s reduced to be less effective then the race whos power it mimics *(Because the item shouldnt be more or as powerful as the TRUE thing.

The idea here would be that instead of being able to combined 3 of the most powerful WC3 races into one is now impossible, the most you can do is almost get the benefits of 2 full races. As well as a fail safe that makes it so no more then 3 CtC skills can be used in conjunction at one time, reducing a players ability to max out intellect and just cast Beetles/Shadow Strike/Bash/Hex or Crit strike endlessly.

Given the proper amount of time to mess with this premade code *(Or help from your fantastic coder OWNX)* I could even work some of the new races you have *{The ones without duplicate skills that would just be ridiculous when stacked with its predecessor}* into this custom version of UWC3.

I believe very much in my version of UWC3 as I have had pro level players come and horse around on it to give me a feel for its balance, and although they couldnt be killed by noobs or troll players every round they were atleast dying to them enough to please me. Also when facing players of almost the same caliber they died quite a bit more then they do in standard UWC3 or classic WC3 mods. Thankfully 40CAL has some of them users in their ranks to help us test out the balance of this mod and given time I believe it could be a very popular server amongst the 40CAL members.

I would however be open to any suggestion to the rebalancing of this mod and would even be willing to donate regularly to 40CAL to keep this server up and running if the population justifies this. I am just not looking to be a solo runner of a new server and have to shop around for decent trustable admin to police it and keep its players civil and honest so that all could once again enjoy the fun that is 8-Bits Custom UWC3 mod *(I am 8-Bit incase you were wondering)*

We on a regular basis could keep 12+ Users on at any time. During prime time we were always full. I used a 24 user cap on my servers to reduce stress on the server as well as didnt allow non steam users to join because they too cause all sorts of server side lag
Prepares to Sacrifice Rubber-Chicken to RNGesus

RNGesus

Re: Possible reactivation of UWC3 mod? *(But balanced versio

Post by RNGesus » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:50 am

Not that it matters much here cause from what I have heard on the grape vine Sammy is pretty much done with UWC3, but I just finished a rough rebalancing *(Had to start from scratch again using JGHGs last posted code as a base since I can not find my External with the old servers version)*
All above mentioned things are finished minus;
Shopmenu *(Due to not having the shopmenu scripts for your items and being to lazy to craft it)*

Future implementations,

Lame shape shifting version of Hex replaced with original Shadow Hunter Hex skill
Addition of a 3rd Item to be purchased from Shopmenu1/2
Multi-level ultimates w/ Dmg/Length/Cooldown/Effect increases *(Due to 25 Lvl max most likely only double level)*
Lowering of Resists Effect of Reducing respective skills/abilities

Also way down the road if I have to create this code myself from scratch......
Addition of 8-12 New Skills/Abilities/Ultimates
3rd Shopmenu to choose Items from

Things to follow if I can either get Sammy to give me the plugin scripts from this mod or get in touch with OWNX;
Addition of 8-12 new skills/abilities or ultimates from the new races in this mod
Addition of [1-2] Selectable Passives that level with your Char *(This will be hard and I will need some pro coder help with that one)*
VIP Status to Give *(2 Extra Necklace / 1 Extra Helm Charge;15-20 Kills = XP Bonus[Maybe GOLD];XP Modifier [2-3];Reserved Server Slot;)*
Possible addition of Max Level *(Will depend on where I take this mod in the future additions of skills ect)*
Perhaps the GOLD system if people truely demand it but I really feel it will break the fair play I tried so hard to achieve from this mod

I WILL NOT post a server on these forums out of respect for the 40CAL clan and of course still would like to run it out of 40CAL to get this mod the support and attention it deserves.

This being said if 40CAL doesnt wish to go back down the UWC3 road thats fine, but I do intend to try recreate my funtastic UWC3 remake. Once its played with a bit the mod itself is truely beautiful if your willing to take it seriously and not just want be unstoppable 24/7

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:53 am

let me know when it is finished :D

OWNX

Post by OWNX » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:18 am

As i said in PM :
- I'm to busy with "real life" (collage , projects , family) to give support or to develop your uwc3 mod
- I suggest you to make this mod from zero becouse actual code is trash

I will support you only when i have free time. Good Luck

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:39 am

OWNX wrote:As i said in PM :
- I'm to busy with "real life" (collage , projects , family) to give support or to develop your uwc3 mod
- I suggest you to make this mod from zero becouse actual code is trash

I will support you only when i have free time. Good Luck
I appreciate the honesty, thanks for your opinion. Good luck with your many missions.

Now then, this leaves us with a problem, I can do what he suggests and start from zero and code in all my wants and dreams to the mod *(But this could take weeks to months of my time since I am merely a coder of mediocre skill and starting from scratch means writing hundreds of thousands of lines of code)*

Option 2: I can find and enlist the assistance of other coders to help my project take less time but will cost me in the least some cash out of pocket I am not really able to part with at this time

Option 3: I can restart this project using a newer version of UWC3 *(Known as NextGen)* as a reference because it is more easily modified and only recode half to about 2/3rd of the puzzle a which could save me a lot of time, money and endless hours of staring at code.

So I would prefer not to start over from zero, so I am going to look into what it will take to remove the not needed script and add in what I want to do to the existing UWC3NG setup. There are about 3x the files in NG version but the way its coded is a lot more modification friendly. So once I have a friend of mine take a quick look see at how this UWC3NG is coded and his opinion on what I wish to do with it, I will then determine if I should rewrite from zero or mod this existing code from UWC3NG

But please let me know what the community thinks, as you are also the mainstay of its users so I wish to keep everyone not only in the loop but a part of where I take this mod in the future. So any ideas or opinions would be fantastic.

So sammy or other mods with topic moving power I feel this is becoming a discussion no longer appropriate for where I posted this and believe this topic should be moved to the proper place.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Is this the mod where you make your own built?
"Text translated via Google Translate"

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm

MarioBros wrote:Is this the mod where you make your own built?
Yes, but this one will be completely remastered to allow a more balanced play.

Lower skill %s
Lower Max Level
2 Ultimates at once instead of 3
Lower Effect from resistances *(I.E No immunities)*
Lower Effects of Intellect/Dexterity *(I.E less CtC procs and less Evasion bonuses)*

And eventually when I figure out why I cant get them to work the other before mentioned changes I am hoping to do as well like 8-12 new skills/abilities and 3-5 new ultimates to choose from *(Coming from the wc3 5.0 mod preferably but if I can not get access to its code I will just scour the amxx forums to find superheros or other wc3 races to modify and introduce to the mod later since mostly scratch is where I am starting from on my full remod

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:19 pm

i promised ownx i would not give away his 5.0 source code
unless ownx say ok?

RNGesus

Post by RNGesus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:57 pm

sammy wrote:i promised ownx i would not give away his 5.0 source code
unless ownx say ok?
I am aware of that, I am most likely going to have to craft them *(New skills, and abilities from whatever Warcraft lore can inspire me)* and go from there and hope the existing code can be supported so I dont have to go diving into dozens of plugins for my required plans

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:00 pm

I don't want to be all negative or something, but if in the current mod we have players don't even take a moment to see what do their skills do, how do you expect them to make a built out of their own?
What will happen when the "ultimate" built is made and everybody is using it? or even worst, when only the good and really good players use it?

I know this is a pretty bad*ss mod, but the number of player, specially the warcraft players, is really low. You've seen the server in its low. Even with the gold and all that, it goes almost empty, and having another wc3 server doesn't seem like the best idea to bring people to the server(s), at in least that's my point of view, obviously.

I'm saying this to you, because you've shown that you really are interested in this but things aren't as active as they were 10 years ago. So just have in mind all of this, I'm not saying "don't do it" I'm just giving my point on this since you will take some time, even some personal time, to do this and I would not like to see your work and time wasted. Also this mod (not yours, but it is the "same") was already tested like 2 years ago and it wasn't that popular. Mainly because of the current mod :?

I hope you don't get me wrong and that you don't take it personally, I'm just saying what has been done and happened. :|

I'll gladly help out in any way I'm available. :D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”