items

XP saved and additional levels to come

tighten

items

Post by tighten » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 pm

I have a couple new item suggestions.
1. Lets have you get a nade every 10 second item, that would be nice .
2. It might do it already but I am not sure when you have a money bag that reduces damage by 50% it reduces magic damage by that also.
3. Tweak the fire ball item so you can fire a fireball every 10 to 15 seconds that would be cool.
I will probably post some more suggestions depending on your views of these.
I'll make it rain out here!

quongping

Re: items

Post by quongping » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

If you can shoot that many fireballs with an item..a sorc can possibly use that item and spam fireballs with item ability + their class ability..and that would be way too strong..fireballs are already strong as is

AK [Knife Kills +X]

Post by AK [Knife Kills +X] » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:34 am

Maybe it could cast a fireball with a specified damage, like casts every 10 seconds and does damage with a radius of 50 or something small so it wouldnt matter for higher levels.

tighten

Post by tighten » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am

quongping wrote:If you can shoot that many fireballs with an item..a sorc can possibly use that item and spam fireballs with item ability + their class ability..and that would be way too strong..fireballs are already strong as is
I honestly dont think this would be a problem, viperman has to wait 2.5 seconds to cast another fireball, I dont see how an item making him wait 10 to 15 seconds to cast a item fireball is gonna make him stronger. If you ask him he would probably drop that item why wait 10 to 15 seconds when he can cast one every 2.5 seconds.

quongping

Post by quongping » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

So...if you say he can shoot one every 2.5 seconds and each of his fireballs do well over 100 damage that means with the item he can shoot 2 fireballs in beginning of round with the same amount of damage (guessing about the damage aspect) and than every 4 fireballs afterwards he can shoot another 2 fireballs is not too overpowered? If you haven't noticed high hp people such as yourselfs require ~2 fireballs to die. So your suggestions implies that it will further help him kill people with high hp because if he does decide to save the item's fireball for when he's up against someone like you, you won't think of him firing his ability fireball and item fireball at you at the same time is not overpowered?

Also currently with the fireball doing as much damage as it is now, new players MUST raise str to survive at least just 1 fireball.

xellas84

Post by xellas84 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Soo, basically what you are saying Quonping is that we should nerf fireball to the point that loading 80 points of int into fireball (Which is the only worthwhile ability sorcs have now) won't be powerful?

Because lemme tell you, getting 2 fireballs to land on a target that is mobile is HARD to do. And the 100+ damage you are talking about only comes when you sacrifice 80 points into int, which gives no other combat bonus, making the sorc himself rather squishy unless he's level 60+.

At this point, i'm not planning on changing fireball mechanics, either on the staff OR the skill.

tighten

Post by tighten » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:51 am

Well I hope you do think about changing the fireball item, I have talk to a few people on the game and they thought it would be great. Enough about about the fireball what about my other 2 ideas, I have checked it out with vamp and with his crossbow and me at 260hp with large gold bag he can kill me with 1 hit, also keep in mind i have 52 agility too. I am not saying to nerf his crossbow just make the money bags reduce the damage by 50% for magical items just like normal damage.

Return to “#8 Diablo II(xp saved) ------------------------108.181.1.219:27022”